Complete the following steps to change your mail password. You must be the owner of the hosting account — if you do not have a Websavers account, you will need to ask the owner of the account to complete these steps for you.
- Login to Plesk
- Choose “Mail” and, if prompted, choose the appropriate domain
- Select the email address for which you wish to change the password from the list
- Either enter your preferred password or choose Generate to have Plesk create a new one for you. Be sure to make note of the new password.
- Choose OK to save your settings.
Your email password is now changed. To verify that the change was successful you should now log in to our Secure Webmail with the new password. If you’re unable to login, please complete the steps above again, but try a new password.
This situation only occurs when your Plesk 10/11 account was created using the same email address as the one for which you’re attemtping to change the password. Plesk was trying to be helpful and set up the email address for you automatically when your Plesk account was created. It did so using your master Plesk account password and now your Pesk account and the email address are directly linked as the same account. This means that when you go to change the email password, the option isn’t there — you have to do it under the master profile account.
While you could change your master profile password, this is not recommended as it will unlink the automatic login feature of our Client Centre from Plesk since the Client Centre will not be informed of the new password. The better solution is to unlink the email address from your Plesk account. Here’s how:
- Go to the Users tab, then click on the name of the user with the email address for which you’re attempting to change the password
- Choose “Change Settings”
- Under “Email address” change the option from “Create an email address under your account” to “Use an external email address”. You will be required to enter in an email address which is not hosted within your Plesk account (such as a Gmail, Yahoo or Microsoft email address). We recommend using the same email address you used to create your Websavers account — this should also be an external email address.
- Press the OK button
You have now unlinked your Plesk account from the email account so you should be able to successfully follow the directions above and see the password field available at step 4.