Head to our ‘Forgot your Password‘ page to get the process started. You will need to enter the email address you used when you created your account with us to begin the reset process. You will also need to correctly answer the security question you set up upon creation of your account. Once done, a new password will be emailed to you — we strongly recommend immediately changing the password after logging in.
What if I don’t know the answer to my security question?
Please create a ticket and supply us with your best guess for what you think the answer to the security question is.
When opening the ticket, make sure to use an email address that we can reach you at. If that email is different from the one used for your Websavers account, be sure to indicate in the ticket the email address that your account is under.
If your security question answers aren’t even close to the ones on file
What if I can’t access the email account on file?
Good question! You will need to have the primary email address on your account changed to one that you can access. To do this we must validate your identity prior to making changes to your account. Simply emailing us from a different (unassociated) email account will not be sufficient.
Here’s why: anyone can create a Gmail or Hotmail or other free email account. If you email us requesting private account info or changes to the account from a non-authorized email address (not your primary or a sub-contact), you could be some random hacker that created that email account and is now attempting to gain full access to manage all the website and emails under the account.
Even if your email account is one associated with the domain we host, if it’s not associated with a Client Centre sub-contact that has the necessary permissions assigned, we cannot give out details or make changes to the account. This is because it could be the contact info of a digruntled former employee or an account that was long-forgotten and the password was bruteforced (guessed) by a hacker.
While these scenarios are surely unlikely to be the case, they may still be, and because of those slim chances, we can’t simply give out passwords or reset them to just anyone who asks.
We can validate your identity in one of two ways:
- [Does not work for security question answer resets] If you had any sub-contacts set up with full permissions to manage your primary account, they can login and make the changes for you, or if you have our Platinum management, they can request that we take care of the changes. OR:
- You will need to submit the correct answers to the following account validation questions in a ticket. Be sure to create the ticket using the email account you can access.
Account Validation Questions:
- What email address is associated with your Websavers account and what email address would you like the primary account changed to?
- What is the complete billing address and telephone number we have on file for you?
- What year and month did you create your account with us?
- Have you ever upgraded your hosting plan, and if so from which plan to which plan?
- Who referred you to our hosting?
- If you have proof of your association to the organization, attach it to the ticket. (Ex: registry of joint stocks or recent business registration documents proving your association)
We will require at least 3 of these questions to be answeres accurately. Please try to answer all of them, even if the answer is no, none or nobody.
Once your identity has been confirmed, we will change the primary email account on file accordingly and send out a password reset email so you can set up your new password.