This guide shows you how to import a WordPress installation that you already host, but which does not show up in the 1-click web apps utility. It does not describe how to transfer it from another hosting provider. See here for the correct guide for transferring WordPress from elsewhere.
Do you have an application that you manually installed on your website? Don’t you just hate updating it due to the hassle of backing up all the files and database every single time? Worry about updates no longer by importing your WordPress, Joomla or just about any web application into our web applications installer utility. Since our applications installer automatically backs up your site and upgrades it all with a few simple clicks, you never have to worry about keeping your website up to date again!
Note: Check the 1 click web apps utility in Plesk to see if you’ve already got this WordPress install listed — if so, then you don’t need to do this: it’s already imported!
Things you will need
- The version of your installed application (it should auto-detect this though)
- The path the application is installed to. For example, if you have to enter yourdomain.com/wordpress in your browser to get to the admin panel, then your path is /wordpress
Great, let’s get importing!
- Login to the Client Centre and choose the Access Plesk button
- Choose either 1-Click Web Apps in the sidebar (Plesk 9) or WordPress under “Featured Applications (Plesk 10). If you see a list of already installed applications, choose the “Applications Browser” tab in the upper right corner, then select “WordPress” in the application directory.
- Choose the button to the right of “Install this application” (it has an image of a downward pointing arrow), then select Import.
- Select the domain/website name that your application is installed to in the list
- Enter the path to the application. Tip: do not include httpdocs or httpsdocs.
- If you have more files saved in the domain than just your web application, then change the directory contents dropdown to tell the application manager which files are part of your application. If you don’t know anything about this, leave it at its default.
- If requested, specify the version of the application you have installed and Provide the applications installer your database username and password
- Choose the “Import” button and after a few seconds, you’ll be all set! You can start upgrading your application through the installer and making backups whenever you like.