Entering a YouTube video embed code in the File URL field of the Magento image insert content editor button creates some strange behaviour! You’ll see your own website showing within an iframe rather than the video you were hoping for. To embed the video properly, following these steps:
- Grab that Embed URL from YouTube by visiting the video, click the Share button, then Embed, then copy the embed code/iframe data
- Log in to your Magento admin, then navigate to the page where you wish to insert the video
- Choose the Content tab (if you’re not already on it) and click the video button from the toolbar. It usually looks like a little strip of film.
- Don’t do anything with the “General” tab and instead click on the “Source” tab. Paste in there the embed code from YouTube. You can then switch back to the “General” tab to preview the video if you wish, but it’s not necessary.
- Choose Insert and you’re all set!
You should now find the YouTube video properly embedded on your Magento page.