For an overview of these policies and quick tips on how to cancel your services, take a look at our knowledgebase article on cancelling your service with Websavers Inc. The following is our specific and full cancellation policy.
IN THIS ARTICLE
Our 30 day money day guarantee is pretty simple: sign up for the hosting services of your choice and if you’re not completely satisfied within 30 days, cancel the service, then open a ticket requesting a refund and we’ll give you your money back excluding migration fees, setup fees, development fees and overages.
Shared hosting, VPS hosting, and Reseller hosting all benefit from our money back guarantee with the exceptions shown below. That said, we’re very reasonable! We’ve been known to provide partial or complete refunds for any services where our costs are recoverable. There’s no harm in asking.
This 30 day policy does not apply to any additional services such as, but not limited to, overages, disk space, e-mail accounts, domain name registration, SEO and web design services.
Examples of the 30 day money back guarantee in action:
- If you just order Titanium hosting and nothing else, it’s fully refundable
- If you order Titanium and take advantage of the free domain with it, we’ll refund all except the cost of the domain (most, but not all, are $20/yr). You will have full use of the domain for its paid/registered period.
- If you order hosting at $120 for 1 year, and take advantage of our SiteMigrator service for your website and no email accounts, the dollar value of the migration is excluded from refundable total ($44.99 as of Apr 9, 2021), so you’d get $75 + tax back upon refund.
Money Back Guarantee Exclusions & Exceptions
- Domain Name Registrations are non-refundable as there’s no way to cancel a registration once it has been processed.
- Labour completed is non refundable. For example if you take advantage of our SiteMigrator and/or MailMigrator service and our experts take the time to move your site to our hosting, the value of that service that has been completed is subtracted from the refund. The only exception is if we haven’t actually completed the labour yet.
- Exchange Hosting Services do not quality for our money back guarantee. You may cancel the service immediately, but a refund cannot be supplied, and as such we recommend only choosing to cancel upon end of cycle so as to take full advantage of the paid service period.
- Radio Hosting Services have a 7 day money back guarantee. The same rules apply, but simply for 7 days rather than 30.
Charges for the renewal of Web hosting subscriptions will be refunded if written notification (via email or support request) is received no later than the tenth day following the renewal date. This ten day grace period applies to all Websavers web hosting plans. Note that refunds will not be granted if your written notification is received after the grace period.
Your e-mail notification to us must be sent from an authorized contact e-mail address that we have on file for your account.
When a free domain name registration is provided with hosting, upon the cancellation of the web hosting product, the web hosting product will be canceled and the domain renewal will be set to market rates. For more information about cancelling Domain Name Registration, go to Cancelling a Domain Name.
Cancelation after renewal date
You must notify Websavers Inc before or within fourteen (14) days of the Renewal Date on your contract if you wish to cancel an account. Websavers Inc does not offer prorated refunds for cancellation requests submitted after 14 days of the renewal date. For more information about canceling your account, go to How do I cancel my account?
It is your responsibility to keep valid contact and billing information on your account. Websavers will continue to send information regarding your account in accordance with the contact information you have provided in your client centre. To update your contact information, go to our client centre, under “My Details”. If you are unable to login, a “forgot password” link is supplied to help you reset your password.
Please be advised that the cancellation of an account does not release you from financial responsibility. If your account has a past due balance and you are not eligible for a refund, the Websavers accounting department will continue collection efforts.