For an overview of these policies and quick tips on how to cancel your services, take a look at our knowledgebase article on cancelling your service with Websavers Inc. The following is our specific and full cancellation policy.
- Refund in First 30 Days (7 days for all radio hosting, e.g. Shoutcast, accounts as shown here)
- Refund Policy for Renewals
- Domain Registration
- Requests to Cancel after Renewal Date
- Contact and Billing Information
- Balance Due
Refund in First 30 Days
If you are not completely satisfied with our services, and you inform Websavers Inc of your intent to cancel via support request (in writing) within the first 30 days of your contract, you will be given a full refund of the contract amount, excluding migration fees, setup fees, development fees and overages. If a refund is due, you will be notified by e-mail; it can take up to 30 days after cancellation of your contract to receive your refund. If you have not received your refund after 30 days, please send an e-mail to Websavers Accounting.
To create a support request, visit our client centre.
Setup and migration fees are refundable ONLY for the following reasons:
– You canceled the account order prior to activation
– Your desired domain name was not available
– The setup and/or migration has not been completed
This policy does not apply to any additional services such as, but not limited to, overages, disk space, e-mail accounts, domain name registration, and web design services.
- If you just order Titanium hosting and nothing else, it’s fully refundable
- If you order Titanium and take advantage of the free domain with it, we’ll refund all except the cost of the domain (most, but not all, are $20/yr). You will have full use of the domain for its paid/registered period.
- If you order hosting at $120 for 1 year, and take advantage of our Site Migration service, the dollar value of the site migration ($69 as of Jun, 2018) is excluded from refundable total, so you’d get $51 + tax back upon refund.
Refund Policy for Renewals
Charges for the renewal of Web hosting contracts will be refunded if written notification (via email or support request) is received no later than the tenth day following the renewal date. This ten day grace period applies to all Websavers web hosting plans. Note that refunds will not be granted if your written notification is received after the grace period.
Your e-mail notification to us must be sent from the contact e-mail address that we have on file for your account.
Domain registration purchased alongside a web hosting plan
If domain name registration is associated with the account, upon the cancellation of the web hosting product, the account will be downgraded to Domain Name Registration only.
Domain name registration fees are not refundable.
For more information about cancelling Domain Name Registration, go to Cancelling a Domain Name.
Requests to Cancel After Renewal Date
You must notify Websavers Inc before or within ten days of the Renewal Date on your contract if you wish to cancel an account. Websavers Inc does not offer prorated refunds for cancellation requests submitted after ten days of the renewal date. For more information about canceling your account, go to How do I cancel my account?
Contact and Billing Information
It is your responsibility to keep valid contact and billing information on your account. Websavers will continue to send information regarding your account in accordance with the contact information you have provided in your client centre. To update your contact information, go to our client centre, under “My Details”. If you are unable to login, a “forgot password” link is supplied to help you reset your password.
Please be advised that the cancellation of an account does not release you from financial responsibility. If your account has a past due balance and you are not eligible for a refund, the Websavers accounting department will continue collection efforts.