Here’s how to set up your email on any iOS based device, such as the iPad and iPhone. Before you begin, make absolutely sure that you are connected to the internet. Having the wireless symbol in the corner does not necessarily mean you have a working connection; to confirm that your internet connection is functioning properly, open Safari and browse to at least two websites that you’ve never visited before. If you can browse them successfully, then you should be all set to proceed.
Things you will need:
- A working Internet connection on your device
- An email account created in Plesk which will have its own password, separate from our Client Centre.
- If you can login successfully to webmail at https://webmail.websavers.ca, then you have the correct credentials.
- Your server (host)name. You can find this in your Websavers account by logging in to our Client Centre, then choosing “Manage” beside your hosting plan. It will look something like: nutmeg.websavers.ca, though the spice/herb will likely be different for your account.
Add the mail account
- Open the Settings app on your homescreen
- Choose Mail, Contacts, Calendars, then select Add Account
- Choose Other to add a non-branded email account
- Choose Add Mail Account
- Enter your name and email address and password as it has been set up in your hosting control panel (typically Plesk).
- Choose Next and leave it on the default selection (IMAP)
- Under Incoming Mail Server AND Outgoing Mail Server enter the same details:
Host Name: Your server hostname
User Name: your full email address (eg: email@example.com). Do not just use the first part.
Password: The password you specified in Plesk for this email account (this password is typically not the same as your password for our Client Centre)
These details are identical for both incoming and outgoing servers.
Choose Next. It will Verify the account details.
When it’s done, press Save.
Configure IMAP Folders
Note that if you do not complete these steps, you will likely get errors when deleting messages and trying to move them to folders.
- Choose the account you just set up in the list of accounts, then tap the account name
- Scroll to the bottom and choose Advanced
- Under IMAP Path Prefix, enter “INBOX” without the quotes, and all in capital letters.
- Go back by clicking “Account” in the upper left corner, then choose Done twice.
If you are unable to send email, make sure you are using SSL for Outgoing (SMTP) connections and that you have a username and password entered. Here’s how:
- Go back to the settings for your Websavers hosted account
- Tap on “SMTP – [server hostname]” under Outgoing Mail Server
- Under Primary Server, tap [server hostname]
- Slide the toggle for “Use SSL” to “ON”
- Ensure that the username and password fields are filled out in the format shown above.
- Choose Done.
If you are unable to send or receive email after completing these steps, then try restarting your iPad or iPhone. If you are still unable to send or receive email after completing these steps, or if you are unable to complete these steps successfully, please try on a different wireless connection. You may unknowingly have a firewall blocking the setup from succeeding.
If you still are unable to send or receive mail, indicate precisely which isn’t working and what the error is (a screen capture would be great!) and submit that info as a new ticket.