This guide shows you how to set up your mail account using the built in Email app found on Android (not the Gmail Android app). This guide was created using a Nexus 7 with stock Android 4.1 and has been confirmed working with the same “Email” app (not Gmail) on Android 7.
Things you will need:
- A working Internet connection on your device
- An email account created in Plesk. If you can login to webmail at https://webmail.websavers.ca, then your account is created and you’re ready to proceed.
- Your server (host)name. You can find this in your Websavers account by logging in to our Client Centre, then choosing “Manage” beside your hosting plan. It will look something like: nutmeg.websavers.ca, though the spice/herb will likely be different for your account.
- Go to settings > accounts > add account
- Choose Email
- Enter your email address and password and press next
Incoming/IMAP server settings
- Choose IMAP
- Ensure the username is set to your full email address
- Set the IMAP server field to your server hostname (see above to learn how to find this)
- Set security type to TLS and use Port 143 OR Set the security type to SSL and use port 993
- Specify the following as the IMAP path prefix: INBOX
- Press Next
Outgoing/SMTP server settings
- Your server hostname should be prefilled as the server name. If not, please fill it in.
- Specify STARTTLS OR TLS as the security type
- Use port at 587
- Require sign in must be enabled.
- Press next.
Configure these settings as you prefer and press next.
That’s it! You should be able to send and receive mail successfully.