This guide was created using a Nexus 7 with stock Android 4.1. We will be setting up your mail account using the built in Mail app.
Things you will need:
- A working Internet connection on your device
- An email account created in Plesk. If you can login to webmail at https://webmail.websavers.ca, then your account is created and you’re ready to proceed.
- Your server (host)name. You can find this in your Websavers account by logging in to our Client Centre, then choosing “Manage” beside your hosting plan. It will look something like: nutmeg.websavers.ca, though the spice/herb will likely be different for your account.
- Go to settings > accounts > add account
- Choose Email
- Enter your email address and password and press next
Incoming server settings
- Choose IMAP
- Ensure the username is set to your full email address
- Set the IMAP server field to your server hostname (see above to learn how to find this)
- Set security type to SSL/TLS (accept all certificates)
- Leave the port at 993
- Specify the following as the IMAP path prefix: INBOX
- Press Next
Outgoing server settings
- Your server hostname should be prefilled as the server name. If not, please fill it in.
- Specify STARTTLS (accept all certificates) as the security type
- Leave port at 587 and require sign in enabled. Press next.
Configure these settings as you prefer and press next.
That’s it! You should be able to send and receive mail successfully.